Kentucky Railway Museum owns over 100 pieces of rolling stock, including flat cars, cranes, refrigerated (reefer) units, box cars, Railway Post Office (RPO) cars, hoppers and other assorted pieces in addition to passenger cars and cabooses. Below are listed some of the examples in the roster. For a complete roster please contact the Museum directly.
A 52 seat passenger coach with two lounges. It was built in 1950, by Pullman Standard for the Southern Railroad. it was acquired in 2008 from the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad.
A 66 seat passenger coach. It was built in 1950 by Pullman Standard for the C & O Railroad and was acquired in 2008 from the NY Susquehanna & Western Railroad.
An ex-Clinchfield car built in 1925 and donated to KRM by the Clinchfield Railroad in 1979. This coach was renovated by Museum volunteers in 1995 and used in the television documentary “The Beauty Of The Southland”.
A sister coach to L&N 2554. It was built in 1927 and donated to the Museum in 1979 by the Clinchfield Railroad. It was restored in 1998.
Originally built for the Missouri, Kansas & Texas (KATY) railroad in 1930 and was numbered 884. It was sold to the Hartwell (GA) Railroad and became number 911. It was then used by the New Georgia Railroad where it was number 1101 and was purchased by KRM in 1994. It is a 42 seat coach with central heat and air.
Originally built in 1949 for the British Columbia Railway. It is a 48 seat diner and was acquired in 2007 from the Main & Eastern Railway.
L&N #152 is a 4-6-2 Pacific type locomotive built in 1905 by Rogers Locomotive Works. #152 is the official steam locomotive of the Commonwealth of Kentucky as designated by an act of the Kentucky Legislature. It is also listed on the national registry of Historic Places by the U.S. Department of the Interior. It operates on selected weekends throughout the summer and fall. Click here for schedule information or click here to see the L&N #152 in action!
ENGINE IS CURRENTLY OUT OF SERVICE, SEE THE CREW 152 PAGE FOR INFORMATION AND THEN GO TO OUR DONATIONS PAGE TO SEE HOW YOU CAN HELP PUT THE ENGINE BACK IN SERVICE.
BL 2 #32 was a product of the Electro-Motive Division of General Motors built in 1948 for branch line freight service on the Monon RR. It operated from 1987-1956 with the majority of its track in Indiana. BL 2 # 32 is a 1500 hp locomotive, with a 16 cylinder, 567B engine. There were only 59 of this type of locomotive built.
L&N 770 was built by EMC in 1939 and was one of the first diesel – electric units purchased by the Louisville & Nashville Railroad. This unit came to KRM without most of its internal parts and is for display only. The unit was equipped with 2 1250 hp v-12 diesel engines.
Santa Fe #2546 was originally built in 1949 as an F-7 by EMD and then rebuilt and converted by Santa Fe Railroad in 1973 and given the model designation CF-7. It is a diesel – electric locomotive powered by a single 16 cylinder engine developing 1500 hp. It is the only known CF-7 in the original Santa Fe paint scheme.
L&N 285 was originally numbered 2152 and is a 0-8-0 steam switch locomotive. It was later owned by Republic Steel Corporation. It is not operable.